Friday, March 16, 2007

stumble away

So after nearly a week I can report back on stumbled upon, and despite being skeptical I’m happy to say that it’s rather good. There are elements of Digg there and what it does is give you a chance to happen on things that stimulate you, strangely a situation that I was talking to colleagues about today- my feeling was that we are in too easily a position where we get just what we like, but this takes all our time and we don’t find other stuff, the serendipity of our existence starts to seep away like the sun in late October…

Back on the subject..

Not sure how the business model for this offering works or the algorithm that identifies things that’ll interest you but on the occasions I’ve hit some of the icons in the stumbled on toolbar I’ve been generally impressed and it’s brought to light some good sites.

To quote them

Channel surf the internet with the StumbleUpon toolbar to find great websites, videos, photos and more based on your interests. StumbleUpon learns what you like and makes better recommendations”

No comments: