Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cadbury, ITV ,C4 Boss and my resource page


Cadbury's

Not sure how bad this is - should a US conglomerate own an iconic brand?
Has Kraft overpaid and will it mean a loss of jobs in UK and a deterioration in the marvelous confectionery that has been their hallmark for more than180 years.
Why is it that Quakers made all that stuff?
My answers
Perhaps, perhaps,
and departing from the Doris Day Stylee
Because ( according to this site) the god fearing people of that particular sect saw it as alternative to booze.


ITV
Another UK company that could be purchased by a foreign giant is ITV. Since Sky has lost its appeal (I'm talking about the ruling on the 19% holding in ITV not the feeble schedules) the commercial TV network looks to be once again in play. Expect a biggish outcry if it goes to a non-UK bidder.

C4 Boss
The new C4 boss is the little known (outside the industry) David Abraham who has been running the UK channels that include Dave and Blighty - seems he's got the commercial part sorted time will tell regarding C4's unique remit. Once there's a new ITV boss in place then thoughts will start moving to a Mark Thompson replacement at the BBC.

My Resource Page

I've started putting up some of the things I've worked on over the last 10 years or so as well as my branding stuff there'll be some gardening bits and business assignments too - if anyone can suggest simple HTML editor and add-ons to make it look nice please let me know.

No comments: