Sunday, September 15, 2013

Allotment show at St Mary's 14th September 2013

My three veggies
The welcoming sign



Having become more aware of Saints in the last day or so it was interesting to visit the Allotment show held at St Mary's in South Ealing, St Mary is Mary Magdalene who was a close friend of Jesus with a fascinating back story.
Just some of my apples
Although I've seen this allotment show publicised before this was my first visit and I was glad I went, free admission and the opportunity to buy tea, coffee and cakes made this feel quite nostalgic. I  really like seeing the produce on display and felt 'I could have been a contender' in the vegetable and fruit categories perhaps next year?
Well done to those who organised the show and took part- very community spirited  
  







No comments: