Friday, October 11, 2013

Art Under attack and fighting back too


Outside Tate Britain
On Wednesday I visited Tate Britain with intention of looking at the Art Under attack exhibition, the exhibition majors on Religious and Political dissent, Protestantism's removal of Icons and the destruction of overtly political monuments being key themes.
For me I was interested to see how significant a part of the DIA (destruction in art)  Yoko Ono had been and despite much resistance Yoko continues to plough her own furrow.
I also hoped that the artists work would help me formulate the structure of my own 365 project.



Deller on Newsnight

Also on Wednesday I caught  Jeremy Paxman talking to the artist Jeremy Deller, I'd seen Deller's work relating Acid House to Brass Bands at the Tate earlier and found him an intelligent commentator on the short Newsnight piece where he looked back at the Industrial past (with Noddy Holder of Slade) as I think Paxman did.

No comments: