Saturday, January 11, 2014

Let Battle Commence - Maggie's in Ealing

Home to Maggie's
Thursday afternoon saw the opening of Maggie's in Ealing at what had been the premises of Pizza Hut for as long as I can remember, last night Debbie and I decided to see what was on offer and how the new place was fitted out.
Proclaiming itself  as a home for Vintage Beats the sounds playing were to my mind of good quality and the food selection although quite limited will find popularity with many.
Part of the Menu 
I enjoyed my Burger, Debbie was slightly less enthusiastic about hers but pleased that they'd been happy to provide without cheese as requested, we both agreed that the fries were first rate- the litre of house red was pleasantly fruity and unpretentious (much like myself only it was quite a bit younger).
In line with the sort of pricing we've come to expect a meal at Maggie's with no starter or desert but booze was around £45 for us.
In fact what Maggie's appears to be is part of a food chain of disparate eating/drinking establishments, the only other place in the group that I've been is The Roebuck in Chiswick which I found to be a good Gastro Pub.
I see that Bill's the new restaurant where Tuk Cho and before that Edward's traded is in rehearsal mode (I was invited in today to try some of their food free of charge) and will be opening to the public on the 13th (next week) be interesting to see how much of an overlap there is in their target demographic and hopefully the two places will both do well and keep each other 'honest'.
 Bill's getting ready 
Bill's is part of a more conventional chain- one I'd not heard about before with 31 premises. As far as I can see again like Maggie's Bill's (masculine name as opposed to feminine-ish, is the nature of eateries now to be  personification in their names?) seems to be aiming for footfall by providing everything from breakfast through to dinner.



No comments: