Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Stained Glass in Christ The Saviour, Ealing


One example inside the church


Outside of the church

Having lived in Ealing for many years I think my recent visit to 'Christ the Saviour' on The Broadway in Ealing was I think my first time inside.



In fact the glass in the church is fairly contemporary and does not follow the tradition of  3 windows showing New testament, Old Testament and Benefactor but colour and symbolism is used as tradition requires.

I mentioned that I found out (a little) about Stained Glass at the weekend by participating in a one day CityLit course - as a result of this I can see some  the  significance in elements of the windows.

The external wall (shown) gives little indication of the glass as it is seen from within.

In fact I used the image editor within digiKam to widen the dynamic range so that some detail can be seen in the 'blacks'.
My favourite in the church
The colours mean something





No comments: