Friday, October 17, 2014

The Cult Of RAMM:ΣLL:ZΣΣ make a noise at the Saatchi Gallery

A sign 

I'm not sure how benign  Charles Saatchi is but as far as I'm concerned he does do some good things chief amongst these being the Saatchi Gallery (just near Sloane Square), last night the gallery provided me with a beer and a chance to experience a noise that made The Jesus and Mary Chain sound like Mantovani.

Don't get him started






I guess every month or so there's an invite to Gallery Supporters  (why not become one it's free) to attend an opening or other celebration but yesterday was the most full on I've been to so far.




Perhaps this is the sort of thing that happened in the 1960's but then the Social media was just that - Social, people talking and passing on the things to do and see.

All hell was let loose - Mad Max meets the Spice Girls doesn't begin to describe the fun
Maybe too at that time the experiences were less self reverential - here you can see so many people taking pictures and detaching themselves (yes I'm guilty too) - the performers really gave it their all, crazy outfits including Cricket Pads and plenty of car hubcaps.

For the group (The Cult Of RAMM:ΣLL:ZΣΣ ) I wonder how they'll look back on this when thy're settled in Suburbia (with  a little patch of land).


Highlight for me was when one of the whirling dervishes stepped away ( in the process destroying what there was of a  fourth wall) and took a swig of beer from the girl just in  front of me who was Video-ing the performance - great stuff.

An idea that's illuminating



No comments: