Thursday, January 01, 2015

Thermal Sock Time and a Happy New Year to readers

Quiet in Ealing as the shopping frenzy seems to have subsided - took the opportunity to buy winter socks at Primark, (we've been here before) Feet Heaters £4.00 (quite similar pairs were £6.00 at Tesco) and a double pack of non Tog rated ones at £4.00 will compare and contrast.

Where have all the shoppers gone?
My new socks

Happy New Year


As well  as enjoying Mapp and Lucia on BBC 1 over the last 3 nights and ITV's dramatisation of late period Tommy Cooper last night  I am getting well stuck into The Death of Ivan Ilyich  -books could be preferable to TV dramatisations as I find myself drawn to notice the tight angles often used to make sure only  period details are shown  and that crowd effects are created with absolute  minimum numbers of actors/extras.

I'm not sure if I enjoyed seeing Mapp and Lucia because of the earlier production (with Geraldine McEwan and Prunella Scales - C4 I think) or from reading E F Benson's books - but the vitriol was certainly to the fore in this latest rendition. 

No comments: