Friday, June 12, 2015

Back with the Ealing Gazette

As well as the 'Wheelie Bin' controversy being all over the Ealing Gazette this week there's a couple of other items that were of interest to me :

The first was about Victor Mishiku who campaigns pretty much tirelessly against unsuitable building developments in West London  using his knowledge of the Planning process - I met Victor at the start of the year to talk about the possible demolition of the historic stables on Haven Green - seems Victor was manhandled  at a potential development site, great shame he does not deserve this but does deserve support and credit for his work for the community.

Picture Of The Week

Another item in the local paper that stood out was my  (as in I took it) Picture  Of The Week which featured a local oddity outside a local café, I'm not sure which number this is but I reckon around 15th one, but still a buzz to see it.

Here it as published and my original submission with suggested text:
As it looked in the local paper

"The picture was taken recently just by  Bronek’s Park Café  in Northfield Avenue.

Over recent years the Northfields district of Ealing has reinvented itself as a home for quirky eateries and non-chain retailers, the surreal fish outside Bronek’s Café seems to sum up the area.”


Bit fishy?

No comments: