Friday, January 01, 2016

Gosh 2016 already and Red 305

Traditionally January 1st is a day for looking forward and for me it's also interesting to look back at resolutions and perhaps adjust and revisit them.
Not many decorations to come down

Looking back 9 years at December 2006 I see that I was planning to declutter and expected a certain David Cameron to be PM (would say I didn't necessarily anticipate he'd be there for two terms though).

Interested to see too in the following entry (9 years ago today!) that I was concerned with more snooping by government and how the BBC would cope - both areas are concerning me even more now.

From then and  more recent times I would like to read more books (I did manage some improvements on this for a while in 2015).

I  hope that my renewed desire to cycle (as a result of my involvement with Cycle Revolution) provides improvements/maintains  my health (and doesn't mean  too much extra smugness), I  am hoping that I do better on the allotment this year too - good luck to all with achieving their goals (and more of mine for 2016 tomorrow).

Red 305

And as I obliquely mentioned the Design Museum above here's a nod to Robin Day (the Designer one) and his iconic chair polypropylene chair (in red) - so many institutions have benefited from his clever use of Polypropylene .


An example of a design classic from the other Robin Day

No comments: