Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Old Soho and Red 245

Under development

When I worked at ITN Wells Street in the 80's and early 90's the place to go for fresh Fruit and Veg' was Berwick Street Market, yesterday I was in the area again and like so much of London it's a shadow of its former glory/being redeveloped.

It's got a rich history and I spotted a plaque to Jessie Matthews - a British stage star
A former resident





I suppose this is as much about me maturing - like a fine wine but there is that phrased you don't know what you've got (until you lose it)
A sad shadow of earlier times

New Day - New Paper


Okay, so I do wish New Day the best but yesterday on first impressions (free then moving to 25p per copy and then 50p) I don't think I'll be going out of my way to read it, oddly sounding like a Christian Evangelist pamphlet it felt very light on 'actual' news even when compared with the always free  Metro  and not a patch on the i - I'm not sure if it's aimed at that same sector but if so they'd have done far better to buy it when it was up for grabs.

Red 245


Red Sky at Night?
I think it's stretching it but  there's more than 200 to go so be prepared for some big stretches

No comments: