Saturday, October 01, 2016

Back to The Questors and Red 31

A 'Farce' but in a good way
Many years ago I volunteered at The Questors Theatre (on lighting and sound duties I think) and last year I saw a couple of productions there - the plays The Master Builder and The Crucible were two important works.

[looking back I see a visit almost 10 years ago too]

On previous visits  I see that marvelled then at how much work and commitment the actors show and yesterday's performance of the farce Boeing Boeing  reminds me of how true that is.

The Play did feel initially a little out of time and there were stereotypes and gender clichés all over the place but such was the pace of the play  and the 'historical' staging  that this got lost in the terrific pace.


The Questors -A great Ealing community resource 


Farce is a very much a French seam of comedy and the play is written by the Farce-Master Marc Camoletti but the lead male actors Gerard Collis and Eamon Goodfellow gave it something of an Irish flavour.



In fact looking through the programme it's worth noting  just how international the company, is with  actors featured  from Poland, and Argentina. (and also that two of the leading actors are husband and wife)



Staging was excellent although part of the set was removed by an enthusiastic Robert (Eamon Goodfellow) - it was repaired during the interval.



My exhibition from earlier this year 


After the production I had a very pleasant pint in The Grapevine bar it really is one of the best value bars in this part of London and has rightly won many awards for the quality of the beer there



It was nice to see the bar again had space for local 'Art' (as it had done when I was showing my photographs in January) and I was impressed with the very low cost of works on show (£20).





Red 31 


Looking at this Red adorned truck the  Chris Rea anthem suggests itself  'On The Road to Hells'


I tried but it was moving too fast - (but I did have a nice Pint of Beer after Boeing-Boeing)

No comments: