Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Shop preparations and The Shy Trumpers


Stuff to go
Well tomorrow I'll be taking up residency (with Helen) in Ealing's Pop up Shop at 16 Bond Street W5 5AA It's about 3 months since the first exhibition there and (for me) this is a bout wrapping up the project I started last November (see an outcome here) .


Surprising how much stuff and effort is needed to do something like this - in a way it'll be good when it's done but I anticipate there are still more things'll come out of  the enterprise.

We're moving in


There'll be new pictures (like this one below) and a chance to stand for  about 20 minutes in front of my 365 video.

A picture that might be new to you - it could be you (SteamPunk)



I'm looking forward to renewing some acquaintances and   meeting some new people -do come along open  every day until 22nd November


The Centre Shifts

So like Shy Tories their are Shy Trumpers, the polls were wrong and the distaste for Hilary was greater than many of us thought.

Earlier in the week I heard people (folks not unlike me) talking about how their reactions  on hearing of UK vote on EU (aka Brexit) , talking as though the result  was a bereavement and their sadness being akin to news of  Princess Diana's death in a car accident in Paris.

Odd, last night  when I went to bed about 11:00 pm I though a Clinton presidency was assured, woke about 3:00 a.m for 10 or 15 minutes  and picture on News TV was not clear, and then around 7:30 pm saw 'Victory speech' from Trump.

In truth what we feel is a shift of the plates as things realign and we adjust to a move away from what we're used to -it's something we'll come to terms with.


Positive Mac's

And it was first image of the project

I like this article - often seen as shorthand for all that's bad - McDonald's and it's people are more than this.

And how about this from The Tempest 

How far that little candle throws his beams!
So shines a good deed in a weary world
William Shakespeare 


No comments: