Thursday, August 10, 2017

Birthdays

Lift takes a few seconds to 33rd floor
Well last week was my Uncle's 80th Birthday and this week mine (not 80th though!) - they seem like a time for reflection as well as celebration.


For my Uncle my brother and I got him a hamper with some treats/goodies in it  - also managed to speak to him which was nice, he's the only Uncle I have left.


Anyway back to me and my Birthday as well as cards and presents I got a gift from Hobbycraft (seriously) £5 to spend - I suppose this is as I use my loyalty card but still it seems like a nice gesture from them and one I will be able to use.

Crispy Beef was delicious

Rice and Lamb too
















So for a celebration lunch we went to Floor 33 at The Shard and had a great Chinese meal at Hutong, sadly inclement weather limited our view but it'll be worth going to again (other dining options in The Shard too - like Afternoon Tea).
Quite a view while you pee

The visit to the restrooms reminded me of our visit to  Cloud 23 in Manchester which also has spectacular views.

No comments: