Friday, March 16, 2018

Hooked


I suppose I'm getting a bit hooked on these 'phone' panoramas - so let's get yesterdays one  out of the way (from a quick Tate Modern visit).

Panoramas - I love 'em 
In fact yesterday was the last part of Moral Philosophy (more on that in the next day or two) - sufficient to say that some light relief and a change of direction  was needed.

Having taken journey to St Paul's trip across the wobbly bridge and the strains of Leonard Cohen penned Hallelujah being played on the accordion started a  lifting of spirits.

St Paul's -A source of awe 
A  busker performs





















Once inside the Tate Modern I looked at works I was familiar with and new ones too.

I'd become acquainted with work of US artist Richard Tuttle both at Tate Modern a few years back - this new work was on (to me) a more human scale and nice to look around it - although the full 360 degree was not possible.

System VI - White Traffic by Richard Tuttle (2011)


Amongst the other work I was excited to see was that of Japanese artist Kazuo Shiraga which was very striking - having found out a little about it I guess it could be related in some ways to 'Action paintings' - I really like it (interesting too that he spent some time as a Buddhist Monk).

An abstract that is not obviously from Japan
The Tate is very well curated and the work of Eduardo Paolozzi really works well with the Russian artist Viktor Pivovarov nearby.


Work from a favourite of mine The Scottish-Italian artist  Paolozzi - City of the Circle and the Square 

Part of Viktor's Apartment 22 collection

Also great to see again the work I'd visited with James (on another CityLit course)  a few months back and eavesdrop on a guide explaining the connection with immigrant labour.

Los Moscos (again)

Also took a look again at two significant (dear we say Iconic?) pieces-

Fountain and Cadeau.

On a pedestal 

Any old iron (y)




No comments: